About KGA Senior Series
The Kansas Golf Association is pleased to conduct its 17th season of a statewide senior age group competition schedule under the auspices of the KGA Senior Series in 2013.
By first becoming a member of the KGA Senior Series through the payment of a $65 annual membership dues, you will be eligible to enter as many of the 18 one-day tournaments as you choose. In addition to the chance to winning gift certificates, you may qualify for the 2013 KGA Senior Series Championship at Alvamar Golf Course (Lawrence, KS) on September 18-19, 2013. The top twelve finishers at the KGA Senior Series Championship (six gross, four net and two captain's pick) will be selected to the Kansas Senior Team for the Ozark Senior Challenge, a team event with the Missouri Golf Association to be held at Firekeeper Golf Course (Mayetta, KS) on October 13-15, 2013. A Super Senior Team that will play a similar team from the Missouri Golf Association to be held at Firekeeper Golf Course (Mayetta, KS) on October 13-15, 2013. This six-man team (three gross, two net and one captain's pick) will also be selected at the KGA Senior Series Championship from players age 65 or older.
Each KGA Senior Series entry ($75 per event) will cover your green fee, golf cart, range balls and a chance to win gift certificates (either gross or net). Points earned to qualify for the KGA Senior Series Championship will be awarded by age division. Eligibility:
· Open to senior golfers who have reached their 50th birthday on or before the date of any KGA Senior Series event. Your age on the day of any event determines the age division for earning KGA Senior Series Championship points. It is therefore possible that one player could compete within two different age divisions over the course of the event schedule.
· Must be a member of a KGA member golf club (without regard to state of residence) OR a resident of Kansas with a golf club membership that maintains a USGA Handicap or equivalent.
· There is no maximum age or Handicap Index requirement.
· The field will be limited to the first 104 entries at each series site (unless noted). KGA Senior Series members may play in as many series events as they choose, as long as the entry deadline is met for each series event.
Membership & Entry Fees:
· Membership in the KGA Senior Series is $65 per year. Membership dues may be paid prior to or with tournament entry fees.
· KGA Senior Series event entry fee is $75 for each series event entered. This entry fee covers green fee, golf cart, range balls and a chance to win gift certificates. Practice rounds are not included as part of the entry fee.
· The entry deadline for each of the KGA Senior Series tournaments is different and is approximately ten days prior to the event. The entry deadline is listed on each entry form and the master schedule. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. There are no walk-up entries.
Conditions of Competition:
· Competition for KGA Senior Series Championship points will be conducted in five age divisions: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & older. All age divisions will play 18 holes. Competition is both gross and net scoring.
· The entire field will compete for both gross and net gift certificates in two age groups (50-64, 65 & older) the amount of which shall be based on the number of players in each age division. Players can win only one (1) gift certificate (gross or net) per event.
· Scores from each Senior Series event will be posted to the GHIN handicap system using ESC (equitable stroke control).
· For most events, two sets of tee will be used for each KGA Senior Series event. The 50-64 age division will play a longer set of tees then the 65 & older age division.
Series Event Point System:
The following point system applies to qualifying for the KGA Senior Series Championship only. The points are earned at each of the series events. (The points do not apply to the "KGA Senior Player of the Year" points list).
Note: These points are awarded at each series event. In the case of ties, the same number of points are awarded to each player tied for that place. However, since a player may receive only one gift certificate (either gross or net, whichever is greater), it is possible that a player could receive "series points" but not win a gift certificate, and vice versa. Based on points earned at series events, the top 15 gross members and the top 15 net members from each of the five age divisions will qualify for the 2013 KGA Senior Series Championship.
|Within Your Age Division (gross & net)
* Qualifying members must have also played in at least four (4) regular season Senior Series events to be eligible for the year ending KGA Senior Series Championship.
At the KGA Senior Series Championship, all contestants will play 36 holes, recording both gross and net scores within their respective age divisions. Gift certificate prizes, both gross and net, will be awarded (only one gift certificate is awarded to any one player, gross or not, whichever is the greatest).
Senior Team Qualifying
The top six (6) gross, top four (4) net contestants and two (2) captain's pick from the entire field of the KGA Senior Series Championship will be named to the Kansas Senior Team for the Ozark Senior Challenge. Only those members participating in the KGA Senior Series Championship will be named to the Kansas Senior Team.
The top three (3) gross, top two (2) net contestants and one (1) captain's pick who are at least 65 years of age from the field of the KGA Senior Series Championship will be named to the Kansas Super Seniors Team.
NOTE: A player must indicate which team he intends to attempt to qualify for prior to the beginning of the competition. Note: All members tied for the final qualifying spot within their age group, either gross or net, will qualify for the KGA Senior Series Championship. No tie-breaking procedure will be applied.* The number of qualifiers for the KGA Senior Series Championship from each age divisions will be as follows:
Age 50-54 top 15 members, gross and net
Age 55-59 top 15 members, gross and net
Age 60-64 top 15 members, gross and net
Age 65-69 top 15 members, gross and net
Age 70 + top 15 members, gross and net