It is undeniable that your performance on the course will be hugely influenced by the quality of the golf balls you chose. Having the best golf balls for women, which, as they stated, are specially designed for ladies, you will definitely gain more confidence in each of your strikes.
While golf is a complex, high skills required game, it’s also such an enjoyable, appealing sport that attracts people regardless of their ages and genders. Ladies can enjoy playing golf as a way of relaxation and doing exercises.
Knowing that the golf ball market is significantly complex with various types and designs, I’ve done lots of research and ended up with this article on the 15 best ladies’ golf balls. I hope this can help you have your rational decisions and therefore enhance your on-course experience.
Table of Contents
- What Are the Best Golf Balls for Ladies?
- Comparison of Top 15 Best Golf Balls for Women 2021
- The 15 Best Golf Balls for Women 2021 Reviews
- 1. Callaway Supersoft
- 2. Wilson Women’s Tour Velocity Golf Ball
- 3. Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls
- 4. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
- 5. Srixon Soft Feel Lady Golf Balls
- 6. Titleist Velocity Golf Balls
- 7. Volvik Crystal Golf Balls
- 8. Callaway 2019 ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls
- 9. Bridgestone Precept Ladies Golf Balls
- 10. TaylorMade Kalea Golf Balls
- 11. Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls
- 12. Vice Pro Soft Golf Balls
- 13. Ball Couture Fashionable Golf Balls
- 14. Callaway 2015 Solaire Golf Balls
- 15. Chromax High Visibility M1x Golf Balls
- Choosing the Best Golf Balls for Women
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- My Top Picks
What Are the Best Golf Balls for Ladies?
Now let’s come with me and see what I’ve discovered, some of the best golf balls for women, which received lots of praise and are highly recommended by famous golfers.
- Best Overall: Callaway Supersoft
“Proud to be the softest ball on the market with compression of 35 mph, offer the excellent distance and super straight flight for beginners.”
- Best Cheap: Wilson Women’s Tour Velocity Golf Ball
“15 balls per pack at a reasonable price, offer a soft feel with more control thanks to the enhanced dimple patterns and the advanced two pieces design.”
- Best for Lady Beginners: Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls
“Give golfers the feel of zero compression core, offer a higher and more stable flight with 302 PhD aerodynamics flat bottomed, shallow dimples, most suitable for beginner level.”
- Best for Distance: Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
“Cover thickness is reduced 17%, adding more speed for your shot while retaining the great spin and control of the ball, offering the premium soft feel, extraordinary distance with stable flight.”
- Best for Seniors: Srixon Soft Feel Lady Golf Balls
“Offer senior ladies with superior soft feel and excellent distance, the 338 speed dimple pattern allows more accuracy and consistency for every shot, vibrant color offers improved visibility.”
- Best for High Handicappers: Titleist Velocity Golf Balls
“Offer the great distance and low spin necessary for any high handicappers and beginners, also, it generates a high launch and greater iron stoppability.”
- Best for Mid Handicappers: Volvik Crystal Golf Balls
“The 3 pieces construction allows golfers to get a better feel of the ball, especially suitable for golfers with slower to medium swing speeds, offer longer flight with enhanced visibility.”
- Best for Average Golfer: Callaway 2019 ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls
“A 3 pieces constructed and high spin golf ball will give you an increased control around the green and also promotes a higher launch with longer distance for your strike.”
- Best for Slow Swing Speed: Bridgestone Precept Ladies Golf Balls
“One of the softest ball with compression of 40 mph, along with 330 seamless dimple design, producing the optimum distance with lower spin, best for golfers with moderate swing speed.”
- Best Value for the Money: TaylorMade Kalea Golf Balls
“A high-energy REACT core to produce an innovative product with the best technology, giving every shot the maximized distance, stand out with vibrant colors and UV-resistant matte paint.”
- Best With Low Spin: Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls
“Engineered for consistent flight and added distance with the improved Aerodynamics design, offer a low driver, long iron spin with low compression for a high and straighter shot.”
- Best for Winter: Vice Pro Soft Golf Balls
“3 pieces construction, low compression offer an extra soft and responsive feel, 336 dimple pattern allows more accuracy while the matte finish and vibrant colors offer improved visibility”.”
Comparison of Top 15 Best Golf Balls for Women 2021
Next, if you want to get a better, deeper understanding about my full list of the 15 best golf balls for women, take a look at this comparison table below. It undoubtedly will make a lot of senses for you and your final decision.
The 15 Best Golf Balls for Women 2021 Reviews
Don’t let you wait any longer. Now let’s jump to the core part of my articles about the detailed reviews of each product on my list of the 15 best golf balls for women.
1. Callaway Supersoft
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
If you’re a fresher who knows nothing about golf balls and their super complex technical characteristics, just straightly go for the Callaway Supersoft, which is always on the top of the most preferred by female golfer list. Now let’s get a little bit detailed into its features.
First, they are available in a pack of 12 golf balls with three color options for ladies. Second, these golf balls offer a great combination of incredibly soft feel, ultralow 35 compression, and low spin rate, which are key factors needed to create an excellently high, straight, accurate shot with optimum distance.
Besides, HEX Aerodynamics design and ionomer cover of these balls will also effectively improve the performance of your shots in the air, making them lighter, travel more smoothly and therefore effortlessly increase the distance the balls can travel.
See Also: Top 12 Best Callaway Golf Balls
- Two-piece construction
- Offer super soft feel
- Ionomer cover
- HEX aerodynamics dimple pattern
- Low compression and spin rate
- For both women and men
- Maximized distance thanks to the ultralow compression rate
- Offer high launches and straight flights
- Offer the softest feel in the line
- Available in several color options to better meet customer’s needs.
- Vivid colors make them easier to spot
- The golfer’s control over the ball is reduced
|Cover Material||Polyester, Ionomer|
|Feel/Compression||Soft/Ultra low (35)|
2. Wilson Women’s Tour Velocity Golf Ball
If you’re brand new to golfing and want to seek a cost-efficient golf ball, the Wilson Women’s Tour Velocity Golf Ball, with its reasonable price and guaranteed quality should be undoubtedly your first priority.
See Also: Top 12 Best Cheap Golf Balls
This item comes in a pack of 15 white golf balls tailored to ladies’ needs. The two-piece construction and a high-energy core and spin reducing technology allow these balls to travel further with optimum trajectory.
Also, thanks to the low compression technology and the enhanced dimple pattern, these balls feature a very soft feel, which allows golfers to effortlessly achieve maximum distance and roll.
Freshers with tight budgets should add the Wilson Tour Velocity to their considering list, these balls will support you well on your very first strikes on the course.
- Available in a pack of 15 balls
- Only offer white color option
- Two-piece construction
- Hard ionomer cover with enhanced dimple pattern
- Feature the low compression and reduced spin tech
- Geared toward women with high handicaps
- Enhanced aerodynamics thanks to the optimized dimple pattern
- Offer incredibly soft feel
- Promote high launches with a longer carry
- Allow an optimal ball trajectory, support golfers achieve increased distance and roll
- Give golfers greater control around the greens
- Low compression results in golfer’s poor contact with the ball
|Brand||Wilson Sporting Goods|
3. Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls
(Best for Lady Beginners)
For any lady beginner who’s still fresh to golfing, golf balls feature different constructions, which imply different golfers’ skill levels. If you’re a beginner with a high handicap, your most recommended golf ball is a two-piece constructed one.
Meanwhile, three-piece and multi-layer balls seem to serve better for advanced golfers with high swing speed. Besides, freshers’ golf balls should also feature low compression and spin rates with enhanced dimple patterns to reduce the flight’s air drag.
That’s why I pick up the Wilson Staff Zip as the ideal golf ball for lady beginners.
These golf balls feature two-piece construction, the Patented Zero Compression Core, and the minimal spin off the tee, which both help to excellently lengthen the distance the ball can travel and maintain the straight flight of the ball.
Not only that, the special pan-head dimple pattern with the thin and light ionomer cover will promote the balls to fly higher, quicker because the air resistance will be greatly reduced.
Available in a pack of 24 white balls with an affordable price, Wilson Staff Zip ensures to be your friendly and helpful companion on the course.
- Feature Patented Zero Compression rubber blended core
- Spin with shorter irons and wedges is increased while spin off the tee is minimized
- Pan-head shallow dimple pattern
- Soft feel with speed generating ionomer cover
- Offer excellent distance for fresh golfers with a slow swing speed
- More enhanced flight with the minimized spin off the tee
- Fly more smoothly, straightly and quicker with the 302 PhD aerodynamics dimples
- Deliver the softest feel with the high-performance core
- Best for fresh and senior golfers
- The cover seems a bit easily scruff and tear
- Not offer a great feel
4. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
(Best for Distance)
If you’re looking for an excellent golf ball to significantly maximize your shots’ travel distance, the Titleist Pro V1 is undeniably your most ideal choice. Let’s take a deep look at their outstanding features.
First, what makes these balls different from the rest is their larger casing layers. This special design helps to enhance the ball’s speed and optimize the spin rate the ball can generate.
Another extraordinary point in their designs is the proprietary cast thermoset urethane elastomer cover system and advanced formulated fast core, which efficiently makes the cover 17% thinner, therefore enhancing speed while retaining the high spin control of the balls.
These unique characteristics all collaborate well together to help your shots achieve extraordinary distance with highly stable flight and penetrating trajectory.
- The larger casing layer design
- Feature proprietary cast thermoset urethane elastomer cover system
- Fast core with an advanced formulation
- Deliver the exceptionally soft feel
- Specially designed to maximize distance
- Low spin generated
- Optimum distance
- Fast core delivers the maximized speed and minimized spin
- Promote a higher launch and added speed with the super-thin cover
- High spin generated for approach shots and short-game shots
- Deliver the penetrating trajectory
- More stable and consistent flight in the air
- Offer consistent control around the green
- The biggest drawback is that the package is not carefully packed, seems old and ripped sometimes
|Feel/Compression||Soft/High (over 100)|
5. Srixon Soft Feel Lady Golf Balls
(Best for Seniors)
Golfing is a passion regardless of age. But for senior golfers, ideal golf balls should also meet some specific requirements. And the Srixon Soft Feel Lady is such a good deal to meet these special needs of senior ladies.
First, these balls feature the exceptionally soft feel with a low compression core, which are both necessary for golfers to achieve excellent distance performance effortlessly.
Also, the improved E.G.G. core and the very thin cover tailored to women’s swing speed will help deliver higher launches with increased distance.
Meanwhile, the 338-speed dimple pattern on the ball’s surface will efficiently reduce drag along the flight, giving golfers more accurate and consistent shots.
Last but not least, the vivid pink color of the Srixon Soft Feel is actually very beneficial for seniors who get troubles with their poor visibility due to old age. Therefore, the bright color delivers better visibility for seniors to get better spots of the balls.
See Also: Top 13 Best Golf Balls for Seniors
- Low compression rate
- Improved E.G.G core
- Very thin cover
- 338 speed dimple pattern
- Offer the passion color option
- Excellent distance
- Slighter and higher launches
- Deliver superior soft feel
- Offer enhanced control around the green
- Drag is greatly minimized with speed dimple pattern, allowing more accurate shots
- Improved seniors’ visibility of the balls
- Seem a bit stiff, not very smooth
|Age ranges||Adult (ideal for seniors)|
6. Titleist Velocity Golf Balls
(Best for High Handicappers)
If you’re a beginner with high handicaps, who struggles to achieve a high, consistent shot with increased distance, don’t hesitate but straightly head for the Titleist Velocity Golf Balls.
The most special thing about these balls is their larger, higher speed LSX cores, which are responsible for delivering excellent shots with maximized velocity and distance. Besides, the extremely low spin also allows straighter, more consistent carries with reduced drag.
Also, with the great shot-stopping power on the green, your balls will achieve higher launches. Last, available in pink and matte pink color options, they will add more fun and color to your on-course experience.
- 350 Octahedral Dimple Pattern
- Large, high-speed LSX core
- Redesigned cover for low compression and enhanced greenside control
- Offer bright color options
- Iron shot-stopping ability
- One dozen balls per pack
- Greater stoppability on every approach shot
- Higher, straighter slight with extremely low spin
- Increased distance and speed
- Bright color adding enhanced visibility and more fun
- Enhanced flight trajectory thanks to the high-performance aerodynamics design
- Offer more playable feel in the green
- No defect has ever been recorded
|Color options||Pink, Matte Pink|
7. Volvik Crystal Golf Balls
(Best for Mid Handicappers)
If you are a mid handicapper while also interested in colorful golf balls, the Volvik Crystal would definitely be your best choice ever. They are super bright, easy to follow so that you won’t miss them on the course. Now let’s talk a bit about their main features.
These balls are the most ideal for golfers with swing speeds of between 60 and 95 mph. They stand out with the three-piece construction, which promisingly will produce explosive distance and maximized speed.
Besides, more spin is generated, which means these balls are more controllable around the green while still retaining the premium soft feel with the Surlyn Crystalline cover, allowing golfers to achieve penetrating trajectory more easily.
In addition to that, thanks to the power core, bismuth control layer as well as zirconium Z-I cover, your ball flight will get more accurate, and your feel of the ball will also be greatly improved.
- Three-piece construction
- Surlyn Crystalline cover and patented dual-core
- High spin generated
- For golfers with swing speeds from 60 to 95 mph
- Feature the zirconium Z-I cover
- Offer many bright color options
- More accurate shots with maximized speed and distance
- Get better control over the ball
- Enhanced visibility with various color options
- More durable and softer thanks to the surlyn cover
- A good deal for both slow and mid-swing speed golfers
- Seem a little bit hard to hit off the tee, not exactly as advertised
- Colors may be a bit different from their advertised pictures, especially the pink color
8. Callaway 2019 ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls
(Best for Average Golfer)
The Callaway 2019 ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls are described as the longest balls in Callaway 2019 line-up.
These balls deliver a perfect combination of enhanced speed, maximized distance, phenomenally soft feel with a noticeably high spin rate, which are all key factors necessary for an average golfer with mid swing speed to achieve her ideal shot performance.
What makes these balls so outstanding is their integrated new triple track technology, three-piece well-constructed design, and graphene-infused dual soft fast core.
These three features combine well together to produce maximized compression energy for extraordinary distance and improved alignment for more accurate shots with increased control around the green.
See Also: op 15 Best Golf Balls for Average Golfer
- Feature the innovative hybrid cover
- Graphene-infused Dual SoftFast Core
- Three-piece construction
- Minimized driver-spin
- Advanced triple track technology
- Two-color options available
- Increased distance with add speed
- Added soft feel
- Balls are better controlled around the green with a high spin rate
- Improve shot’s accuracy
- Promote a higher launch
- The cover is not very durable
- The trajectory is not very straight as described
|Color options||White, Yellow|
9. Bridgestone Precept Ladies Golf Balls
(Best for Slow Swing Speed)
Can’t hit with high swing speed is a common problem among female golfers who are brand new to golf. Therefore, it’s very important for ladies to choose the right golf ball to excellently support her, to make up for her loss on the course.
Under this situation, a reliable golf ball that has been the best-seller from 1997 to 2012 like the Bridgestone Lady Precept will undoubtedly be your first priority to consider. Being said as one of the softest golf balls on the market, this ball promises to deliver you the superb distance off the tee.
Besides, because being constructed of a 2-piece soft ionomer cover which is 12% thinner reduced with softer, larger gradational core, these balls can fly at a further distance. Simultaneously, golfers will get enough control over the ball, therefore generating higher, more accurate shots.
Plus, these balls also take advantage of the 330-seamless dimple design to fly quickly, more smoothly in the air, and therefore travel further with less effort from golfers.
Thus, as tailored to meet female golfer’s demands excellently, these balls are best for those with moderate swing speed.
- Two-piece construction with ionomer 12% thinner reduced cover
- Gradational core
- 330 seamless dimples pattern
- Offer three color options
- Low spin and high lift generated
- One of the softest balls
- Specially designed for female golfers with low to moderate swing speed
- Produce a higher launch with added accuracy
- Increased distance off the tee
- Deliver the softest feel
- Two bright color options for those who’re interested in colorful balls or require enhanced visibility
- Come at an affordable price
- Actually, the pink color is a bit darker than the advertised picture
10. TaylorMade Kalea Golf Balls
(Best Value for the Money)
The pastel pink-colored TaylorMade Kalea Golf Balls will make any lady fall in love with them.
I add these balls to my list as the most valuable purchase for your money, mostly because while they come at a reasonable price, they feature the relatively good maximizing distance ability and integrate with some unique and beneficial characteristics.
First, because being specially designed for female golfers, the TaylorMade Kalea balls are built with a very low compression core (60 mph), which gives these balls the incredibly soft feel around the green while allowing golfers to achieve higher ball flight with increased distance.
Also, being constructed of two-piece, including a high-energy REACT core and a soft ionomer cover, the distance these Kalea balls can travel will be greatly increased in every shot, even being hit at low swing speed from female golfers.
What’s most special about these balls are their durable covers, all finished with UV-resistant matte, helping them resist harmful ultraviolet light, therefore lengthening their lifespan and protecting their colors.
See Also: Top 12 Best Taylormade Golf Balls
- The two-piece construction of REACT core and inonmer cover
- Low compression core of 60 mph
- Deliver very soft greenside feel
- Tailored to ladies with slow swing speeds
- Finished with UV-resistant matte
- Enhanced ball flight with added distance
- Offer better visibility and more fashion
- Durable cover, resist discoloring
- Maintain the very soft feel in short and long games
- More control of the ball
- No defect has ever been recorded
11. Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls
(Best With Low Spin)
If a lady has just begun to play golf, efficiently controlling the ball and achieving a consistent shot seem beyond her ability. That’s why some golf balls with super-low spin like the Bridgestone 2019 e6 Lady Golf Balls are produced to help her solve this problem well.
These golf balls are specially engineered to promote greater consistency and even further distance for your shots, thanks to the great combination of two-piece construction, delta dimple design and especially the low driver and long iron spin.
Besides, being constructed of low compression core and ionomer cover with a high level of soft feel, the Bridgestone e6 targets female golfers with low to moderate swing speed, giving them more support to reach straighter and more accurate flights.
- Two-piece construction
- Constructed of low compression core and soft ionomer cover
- Low driver and long iron spin
- Offer two colors options and also a new-version option
- Available in a pack of 12 balls
- Aerodynamics dimple pattern
- Designed for golfers with low to mid swing speed
- Increased distance with the very soft feel
- Deliver more consistent and straighter ball flight
- Air resistance is greatly reduced thanks to the aerodynamics dimple design
- Better visibility with bright pink color option
- The outer layer seems to be not very well-made
|Color options||Pink, White|
12. Vice Pro Soft Golf Balls
(Best for Winter)
Appearing in the high-end product line in the market, the Vice Pro Soft will be a valuable investment you should consider making if you’d love to be on the course even when it comes to winter and there’s snow everywhere.
These balls are tailored to golfers with mid to high swing speed, which means they are suitable for average golfers and above. That’s because they feature the three-piece cast urethane construction, which generates a decent amount of spin to give golfers adequate control.
Besides, they also deliver the extra-soft and responsive feel, which is necessary for the balls to get compressed easily in the cold weather while retaining their great distance and velocity.
Pros, their surfaces are also designed with 336 durable dimples, which allows higher ball speed and straighter ball flight.
Last, the Vice Pro balls are finished with urethane cast matte, which keeps the balls thinner but still keeps them warm inside so that they do not lose their velocity and spin. Also, the finish is colored with very bright, easy-to-spot colors, which deliver improved visibility for golfers.
- Designed for average golfers and above
- Three-piece construction, with urethane cast matte cover and high-energy core
- Feature 336 durable dimples
- Integrated with the S2TG technology
- Offer three color options
- Extremely high level of soft and responsive feel
- Extraordinary distance and velocity off the tee
- Super-thin cover for increased smooth and soft feel
- Higher spin is generated, and greater control is allowed
- Special coating for improved visibility
- Coated with a matte finish makes these balls easily get dirty
13. Ball Couture Fashionable Golf Balls
If you’re a funny player who loves to play with colorful, fashionable golf balls to create beautiful swings, the Ball Couture Fashionable is destined for you.
These cute golf balls are engineered to meet female golfers’ needs excellently and tailored to their swing speed. They deliver the soft and lightweight feel and low compression, which every beginner can benefit from to achieve a stable ball flight with increased distance.
Moreover, their HPC covers are said to provide more outstanding durability with excellent spin. The balls’ bright and vibrant colors will also come in handy to help golfers better follow the balls, therefore enhancing their visibility of the ball and the accuracy of their shot.
- Deliver soft and lightweight feel
- Low compression
- Feature the HPC cover
- Offer various brightly-colored balls options
- Completed with icosahedral 332-dimple pattern
- Improve accuracy and consistency of the shots
- Balls travel with further distance
- Improved visibility around the green
- Get a more colorful and fashionable shot
- No defect has ever been recorded
14. Callaway 2015 Solaire Golf Balls
Another quality product from Callaway I want to recommend to you is the Callaway 2015 Solaire balls, which focus on maximizing the distance of your very shot, thanks to their highly resilient cores.
If you’re a fresher, you should add this Callaway Solaire to your priority list. They are designed to perform at their full potential for golfers with slow swing speed.
These balls are also set with low compression, which delivers a high level of soft feel off the clubface. Besides, they also promise to give golfers stronger, straighter, and more stable ball flight with the aerodynamics design.
Pros, the pearlescent luminous finish will give the balls an unforgettable look, not only adding more fun to women’s games but also making them more vibrant in the green and, therefore, allowing golfers to spot them more easily.
- The specially formulated resilient core
- HEX aerodynamics design
- Low compression
- Offer bright pink color option
- Designed for fresh female golfers with slow swing speeds
- Improve the carry and increase the distance of the ball flight
- Have the balls fly more stably and straightly
- Added fashion and visibility with luminous pink color
- Offer incredibly soft feel off the clubface, which support beginners the best
- The color seems a bit different from advertised
15. Chromax High Visibility M1x Golf Balls
Why not add more color and shine to your game with the Chromax High Visibility M1x Golf Balls?
These cute golf balls with rainbow color options will melt your heart once you see them. Thanks to being integrated with high visibility technology, these balls feature the sparkling translucent outer cover, making them extremely beautiful in the sun. You can never miss them in the green.
Moreover, these balls set with a low compression of 75 mph will also give you an extraordinary distance, indeed an ideal option for female golfers with slow swing speed. The optimal spin generated will additionally make your trajectory more stable in its flight.
I can assure you that the Chromax High Visibility will be your very cute and reliable companion on the course.
- The two-piece construction of surlyn cover and low compression core
- Offer 7 color options with High Visibility Tech layer
- Designed for slow swing speed
- Unique dimple design
- Available in a pack of 6 balls
- Increased distance and enhanced trajectory
- Low spin for more stable and straighter flight
- Durable surlyn cover
- Advanced tech for impressive effect on the outer cover
- Provide better visibility to keep track of the balls
- Add more fun and beauty to your game
- The blue and green color balls are easily get lost in the green, while the yellow and orange tend to be in the shade with fall leaves
Choosing the Best Golf Balls for Women
Apart from the golf club, the golf ball is another key factor determining your successful round on the course. Therefore, the right golf ball will partly help you have an explosive distance off the tee. Now let’s focus on some most important factors below before making your purchase.
Distance: You can feel the ball’s softness as long as this ball is designed with low compression. It also means the lower the compression is, the softer feel you will get off the ball. Most golf balls for ladies are of soft feel type.
Soft balls are best used for beginners or high handicappers because these fresh golfers with low swing will struggle to activate the golf core to achieve ideal distance. However, a soft ball, which releases greater energy when you hit it, is able to travel a longer distance on the course.
Premium: This type of golf ball targets experienced or mid to low handicappers. A tour performance golf ball often features a multi-layer construction to give golfers greater control and feel of the ball.
Besides, the reduced cover thickness also helps boost the ball’s speed while retaining the ideal spin and control.
You often see the product description states “two-piece construction,” “three-piece golf ball,” or “multi-layer structure.” So what do these terms imply? Actually, the construction of a ball implies a lot about its features.
First, the most popular among beginners and high handicappers is a two-piece ball, which is simply constructed of cover and core. These balls feature relatively thick covers, which are important to extend the lifespan of the balls.
Besides, these balls are chosen mainly by beginners or high handicappers because their greatest pros are helping reduce hooks and slices, therefore offering an ideal distance with more straight flight off the tee.
See Also: Top 8 Best Golf Ball for Slice
Second, another less popular but more preferred by mid handicappers, average golfers, and even serious players in the world is a three-piece golf ball, which gives golfers a more customized experience and better control over the ball.
More spin is generated, which means you get better control and your shot as well as your ball flight but not require the technical support of the balls.
The last one is mainly used for experienced players and professionals. It is a three-piece constructed ball with some extra layers, equaling to more spin separation, which is only activated when players can achieve a high swing speed.
Pros, the very thin cover of these balls also offer enhanced spin control, and the ball feels on the green.
Why are there hundreds of dimples on the golf ball surface, and how do these dimples mean to the ball flight? In fact, these dimples are necessary to allow air to flow more smoothly around the ball while in flight, which helps to reduce air drag and create lower pressure while lifting the ball.
There is an experiment showing that if we use a non-dimple golf ball instead, this ball can not travel as far and high as a regular dimple ball. Therefore, it concludes that the dimples on a golf ball will positively affect two crucial aspects of aerodynamics: drag and lift.
The number of dimples regularly falls between 300 and 450. Besides, there’s no ideal number of dimples, and more dimples do not mean a better aerodynamics effect.
4. Compression rate
When discussing this factor, ladies must know that most golf balls designed for you are of low compression rate. Why? As I’ve already stated above, a low compression rate means a soft feel and increased distance.
You don’t need a strong force, a high swing speed (85mph and above) to attain ideal distance; balls with low compression rate (often fall within 45 and 72) will make it easy for you to acquire more distance with less spin.
Mid and high compression rate golf balls seem to serve better for more experienced golfers with high swing speed and more excellent ball-controlling ability.
5. Spin and Accuracy
The spin rate of a golf ball will directly affect your shots’ accuracy. As we’ve discussed above, a more-than-two-layer golf ball will generate more spin rates, giving golfers better control over the ball. Your ball can be lifted higher with quicker speed.
However, if you’re a fresh golfer with a high handicap, a low spin rate seems to be a more suitable choice for you. A golf ball with a slow spin rate will offer you an accurate, straight flight toward your target.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ladies, you sometimes might get confused with several questions related to golf balls and their quite complex technical features. But don’t worry, I’ve already collected some of the most common questions and given them my brief and concise answers. Let’s have a look at them.
What Golf Ball Should a Woman Use?
The ideal golf ball for any lady should feature the 2-piece or 3-piece construction. 2-piece golf balls are more popular and more favored among ladies, while 3-piece construction ones are geared toward more experienced golfers with mid to low handicaps.
Besides, low compression and lower spin rate should also be ladies’ preferences because they allow ladies to hit higher, more straight shots with longer distances.
Another concern of ladies is the golf ball color as well. In fact, vivid colored golf balls help provide greater visibility and add more fashion for ladies’ shots.
Do Women’s Golf Balls Go Further?
As I’ve already made sense above, because women’s golf balls are generally constructed of two-piece or three-piece and feature the low compression and spin rate, the distance these balls can travel will be longer, even though they can not hit at high swing speed.
What Golf Balls Do Lpga Players Use?
For those who don’t know, LPGA stands for The Ladies Professional Golf Association, which is an American non-profit organization of female golfers.
So, if you’re curious about what golf balls do players of LPGA use on the course? My answer through online research is these four quite popular golf balls from very well-known brands, including Titleist Pro V1, Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft, and Bridgestone Tour B X.
These high-quality golf balls’ common feature is that they are all three-piece constructed and highly focused on maximized distance for golfers possessing mid to high swing speed.
Is Precept Laddie a Women’s Ball?
Precept Laddie is truly a women’s ball indeed, which is produced by Bridgestone Golf manufacturer. Thanks to the patented Muscle-Fiber Core technology, exploratory distance with superior soft feel are two key features of this ball.
My Top Picks
The golf world is so complex to get a complete understanding of, and the golf equipment market is also significantly vast and diverse. Nonetheless, I still hope that my review has already given you some useful references and suggestions, helping you pick up your most ideal golf balls.
For a golf ball that is generally good in all aspects, we can’t promote another apart from the Callaway Supersoft. However, if you’re a speed-crazy golfer, a premium golf ball with explosive tempo like the Titleist Pro V1 seems a better option for you.
Meanwhile, if you’re a senior golfer with poor visibility and slow swing speed, my first recommendation for you would rather be the Srixon Soft Feel instead. Also, if you’ve played golf for a period and can hit at mid-swing speed, just don’t miss the Titleist Velocity Golf Balls.
Anyway, a high-quality and suitable golf ball is indispensable to your excellent performance on the course. So, ladies, your time spent searching for an ideal one is totally deserved. Pros, any additional questions needed, please drop yours below. I’ll try to reply as soon as possible.
Lastly, if you find my article helpful, it would be very wonderful of you to help me share this on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for reading!